CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Crazy Life

Just in case anyone was curious, this is our daily schedule:

7:30 am (at the latest) - Mike is out the door for work
5:15 pm - Mike comes home from work.
5:40 pm - Julie leaves for work.
2-3 am - Julie gets home from work

Throw in Mike's Tuesday class from 6-9 pm and running to drop Eryn off at "Tessies" house (Julie's Sister).

I ask Mike on a daily basis if this is worth it. Now why are we doing this? Since moving we have accumulated a lot of consumer debt. (pretty silly if you ask me) I got it into my crazy head that we were going to do Dave Ramseys Total Money Makeover. His plan involves 7 baby steps.

1. $1000 emergency Fund
2. Debt snowball all debt
3. 3 to 6 months expenses in savings
4. 15% of income into retirement
5. College fund for children
6. Pay off home early
7. Build wealth and give

Of course this all hinges on the concept of no new debt. And since we have decided that I'm only working through baby step 2 (possibly 3) there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully by this time next year we won't have this crazy schedule.

4 comments:

Smiths said...

Het Julie! It's Jill. Found your blog through Molly- yippy! Can't believe you're in Idaho. Cute girl you've got. I'm at whatthesmiths.blogspot.com if you like check um. I'll check on you again soon.

star said...

Hi Julie! I'm so glad you left a comment! I didn't realize I had left your blog off my list when I changed my blog template. Sorry about that! I really like your blog. That is a rough schedule and I don't know how you do it. I hope you don't have to do it any longer than you plan. Thanks for checking in. Oh, have you thought about this... in June it will be 5 years since we were all working in the curriculum library and falling in love! Crazy huh?

Molly Malia said...

juju, wouldn't it be nice to just work only like two days a week? thats what i want (cause i think that i would go crazy home all day). it's like its never ending this thing called money. it got to the point that i was giving kasey an allowance. sounds bad i know. but now we are doing tons better.

Kahilau said...

We are doing Dave Ramsey too. Sounds like you guys are really taking it on. I took on a babysitting job as well as a house cleaning job to help us get out of debt too. It's pretty crazy but exciting to think of all the money we will have once we don't have to pay for credit cards!! Good for you guys. I'm glad we are not the only ones. GOOD WORK!