CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh, Sweet Child of Mine


Something has happened to my baby. She used to be so loving and affectionate. She used to listen to me and follow me with her whole heart. Okay so she is still affectionate but a few weeks ago that child disappeared. She is now one of those kids. You know what I mean. The ones that throw themselves on the floor of the store, kick and scream when we tell her no, and gets hysterical at the drop of a hat. I'm pretty used to the reactions by now. There's the "why can't this lady control her child" glare and the "I've been been there and I'm so glad I done" smile and perhaps my least favorite of all the "I'm going to try to make this better but really it's going to make it worse" gesture where some stranger gives her a candy or treat I told her she couldn't have in the first place. For those that have been through the terrible twos please tell me the end is near. Please tell it gets better. Please tell me I'm not the most horrible mom in the world when I lose my patience or not give in to her cries of injustice. And please tell me my sweet baby will come back so I can go out in public again.

3 comments:

Mickell Gehret said...

Hard to believe all of that about that sweet little girl in the picture! That is the worst time with little ones. But speaking from experience. . .DO NOT give in. It will all pass but if you are firm with her now, it will pass a whole lot quicker!! I am convinced that the reason kids are so cute is for their survival, especially during these precious years!!

Mary W said...

I have to admit I am one of those people that stare and wonder why they can not control their child. I guess I will get it in the end so day. Good luck Julie! :)

mag said...

hm... it will get better, but it will come back when they are teenagers... j/k.. my boy is worse now that he is 3. But don't let her win.. they are playing mind game with you... you are a good mom. but she is so cute.... i found your blog through Christy's